Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Women of Faith

The messages and memories from this past weekend's event are still lingering in my mind so I thought I'd share my notes with you. (After all this blog is called notes from Noelle) They may seem scattered but there is some really powerful truth in here that may be encouraging for you today.

HENRY CLOUD

"Today's worries may be the enemy of your tomorrow"

Put a necessary end to whatever is keeping you from your dreams

The gardner prunes the good roses and only keeps the best. What God is taking away may be in order to save something that is better for tomorrow.

Why don't we believe God will supply our needs?

SHEILA WALSH
The bigger the trouble, the faster we should run home. You don't have to clean up yourself for you mom, so don't clean up yourself for your heavenly father.

Peace is not about changing circumstances, the peace God gave. When God speaks peace they have to obey. Mark 4

Peace is not the absecence of trouble but the presence of God.

Galatians 6:4-5
There is nothing good in me apart from God.

The good shepard knows where to find you
LISA HARPER
John- Jesus healed the boy because of his gut-level compassion


Our God adores the bummer sheep.


(I bought her book Stumbling Into Grace and it is soooo good!)
KEN DAVIS
(Not) God make the storm go away (Instead) Show me how to dance in the rain

Perfection is NOT a requirement

Humor = a gentle way to acknowledge human frailty

God is not oblivious to what's going on Isaiah 43 MSG

The boy had to physically offer the lunch, knowing he had one is not enough

*Divine math - my talents are nothing in my own hands, but in God's hands they are so much more
NICOLE JOHNSON
"You can't get all A's and still flunk life"


*Be brave enough to bring God the pieces to brew something new


God has the vision for the brokenness that we think is trash.




Also since the weekend I've had this awesome song stuck in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment