Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Scripture Memory: Verse 05

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Can you really believe that March is here?!
I don't know about you but March is really taking me by surprise. In my mind this month means so many wonderful things. The beginning signs of spring, sunny weather, St. Patty's day celebrations, cozy rainy days, and the beginning of new life. But I just don't feel like I'm ready for it yet.
I have really been trying to live fully, in a life of thankfulness and gratitude. Eucharisteo. (If you want to know more about the 1000 gift challenge please please please check out Ann Voskamp's book and the book club here.)
Anyway, I'm working my way to 1000 gifts, 1000 recognitions of grace, 1000 chances to stop and reflect on the joy of this life. But for some reason I am having a hard time feeling the joy and giddiness of the moment. The problem is, this list making is not just to reach 1000 or to acknowledge things that make me feel good but to recognize that God himself has given me these things. That He who created this complex and beautiful planet has given me this gift. So the list making is not just about writing things down but about giving gratitude to the one who has given the gift. That is why I have chosen this verse...

Ephesians 5:20 "And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." NIV

Thank you friends for holding me accountable for this memorizing of Scripture. I have to admit, even if nobody reads this, the thought that it is being written in black and white makes me feel I'm accountable for it. Yet another reason why writing a list of 1000 gifts is so wonderful. To see the words on paper makes it that much more real to me. I can't wait to go home and finish the office. I want to follow Angie's advice by covering a wall with butcher paper so that  friends and family add to our list. 
Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment