Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Birth-i-versary Weekend!

This past weekend Chris and I got out of town for a little R & R and the early celebration of my birthday and our one year anniversary. ("Birth-i-versary")

Now, we don't have any kids or a very busy lifestyle so I didn't expect to feel quite as elated and refreshed as I did, but I was pleasantly surprised. Matt Paxson gave some great advice during our pre-marriage counseling that couples should plan on spending 1 night a week, 1 weekend a quarter, and 1 week a year alone together. He is was so right, time away from the "honey do" list was a much needed breath of fresh air.

Here are the highlights...

Took the train to Hoboken, NJ and waiting in line for pastries from Carlos Bakery from the one and only Cake Boss!



The goods!
Got on another train for a short trip to New York City!
Honored the victims at the World Trade Center memorial opening next weekend


Found a great spot for Anniversary cannolis  by the river!
Saw the peaceful...
...and the business of NY (this one is for Katie)
Visited Terhune Orchards for
wine tasting,
flower picking,


and apple picking!


 
Yup, a good time was had by all!
P.S. What do you think of the new blog design?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! Um let's just say I hope I have a fabulous weekend getaway (we will also be having birth-i-versaries seeing as though the wedding is 7 days after my birffday!) When I attempted to have a blog this sunflower was my first selection, and then when my blog didn't exist it became my unselection.

    I LOVE IT & I LOVE YOU! Glad you and Chris celebrated a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! And I LOVE the pic for me. Wish I lived in the big city where I could see Zooey's face plastered everywhere. I just watched the New Girl pilot on iTunes. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete