Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Get Real

Don't you think its funny the way that God speaks to you when you least expect it? I have been really enjoying my time here, trying to soak up every minute. But at the same time my go-getter-self has not stopped wishing for more. For more to do during the day, for ways to working, for ways to get experience in a school, for more friends, more volunteer work, just for more. And now, that more that I have been praying for is about to hit me right in the face and I don't know what to do with it!

I am in week 5 of my 8 week courses and the work is really starting to build up. While I still love what I'm learning, work is work and I have a lot of it! On top of that, I have finally made connections here. I have two meetings next week on the same day; one personal and one professional and I have the unusual feeling of insecurity.

While I have been praying for faithful friends I am scared about getting vulnerable with perfect strangers. And while I am dying to move forward with my career I am nervous that this meeting will lead me no where. Why now do I have so many fears when I God is doing nothing but opening doors?

I am reminded of this beautiful quote from Martin Luther King Jr. Not only because it is so applicable and well spoken, but because it reminds me of my dear friend Sadie. Her love of history has helped me appreciate the wisdom of figures like this and I know exactly what she would say to me right now. She would say that I am crazy to turn down opportunities like this because I'm afraid. She would tell me to go forward knowing that I'm not alone and even if I make a fool of myself that God will bless my vulnerability and obedience. And she would say that she would be cheering me on and praying for me from the sidelines. How beautiful!

Sadie was an out-of-this-world-more-than-a-girl-could-ask-for Maid of Honor

Martin Luther King Jr. said "Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase."

So here I go, I'll take a step. I'll take a deep breath and remember my mother's words once again. "BE STRONG AND WEAR GREAT JEWELRY."
Also is great with a list so here is my list of comforting truths   
 Verse 04 Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." (Not from memory yet)

Verse 03 Matthew 14:27 "Do not be afraid, he said, I am with you."

Verse 02 Proverbs 24:3-4 "With wisdom a house is built, through understanding it is established. With knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."

Verse 01 1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." 

Acts 17:26-28 "And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him, Yet he is actually not far from each one ofus, for 'In him we live and move and have our being'" He has a plan and a hope for us

Romans 12:12-13 "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality."

Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight O Lord my rock and my redeemer."

Isaiah 12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for teh Lord God is my strength and my song and he has become my salvation."

2 comments:

  1. Noelle, I really like your blog, and this post was timely: even in the last few days I have felt a shift happening as if what is to be, is already being: "Why now do I have so many fears when I God is doing nothing but opening doors?" This peace remains and I look forward to the new. I like this wise advice that your friend would share as well: She would tell me to go forward knowing that I'm not alone and even if I make a fool of myself that God will bless my vulnerability and obedience.

    Galatians 6:9 lovely! and Isaiah 12:2 such a blessing!

    have a gorgeous day, Noelle! ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    So glad you found hope in this verse. Isaiah 22:2 happens to be on my heart today and I do NOT think it is a coincidence that you shared it with me.

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete