Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Scripture Memory Challenge: Verse 04

Alright my scripture memory challengers we are off to versre #4!

I have to be honest with you, this last one fell a bit by the wayside. While I have it memorized I didn't quite spend the time I hoped meditating on it and allowing it to really make a place in my heart. But that is what is so cool about Scripture. It is always there and always will be. One more verse added to my collection and I'm sure that there will be a time when God brings it to mind just when I need it. How cool is that!?

The verse I chose for this week is convicting for me. Makes me look myself in the eye and examine my sinful nature in a real way. This was the verse that our pastor here opened with on the first Sunday we attended. So here goes...

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 NIV

Just for fun, here are a few other translations...
The Message: "So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit."

New Living Translation: "So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up."

Contemporary English Version: Don't get tired of helping others."You will be rewarded when the time is right, if you don't give up." 

How are you doing on your verses? I'd love to here from you! If you are just joining in on the challenge, come on board! It's never too late to let Scripture infuse your heart. I would encourage you to make this challenge your own. Perhaps you only study one verse for each month instead of two, or one the whole year. Scripture memory is an extremely powerful free gift from God. Stay committed and as my mom would say, "Be Strong and Wear Great Jewelry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment