Friday, November 4, 2011

FAB FOOD FRIDAY: Chipotle Chicken Stoup

While the 31 day October challenge is over, my love of cooking is still going! So allow me to introduce "FAB FOOD FRIDAY". Each Friday I'll share a recipe and encourage you all to post a comment about something fabulous you've eaten this week. Should be a fun game!

BTW- I could use your prayers on Thursday, I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed and would also love to hear any soft foods you know of that I could eat but still get protein. (pudding and ice cream for a few days won't cut it)

To kick things off we have a one pot wonder- 
Ingredients
1 lb chicken tenders, halved
1 tsp crumbled dried oregano
1 tsp vegetable oil
15.5 oz can hominy (like large corn used to make grits)
14.5 oz can chicken broth or stock
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tbs chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
1/2 cup chopped radishes

Step 1: Sprinkle oregano and S&P on the pieces of chicken you've dried with a paper towel.  Heat the oil and in a skillet and cook the chicken all the way through. 5min.
Step 2: Add the hominy (drained), broth, cilantro, and chipotles and bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute and spoon into bowls with lettuce and radishes (optional). 

No comments:

Post a Comment