Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So this is love

A FEW NEW HOUSE PICTURES!!
 This move has changed my life, for the first time in the year we've lived here I finally feel settled (whatever that means).
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

This is probably the first verse you ever learn. It is the foundation of the faith and demonstrates to us the truth of how we are to define love.

Far too often, we recognize love by things like this;

"He makes me feel like a princess."

"He tells me I'm beautiful"

"He loves me so much"

The problem with this kind of love is that it is based on what we get not what we give. As the creator and author of love, God gave. He gave to show himself to us, becuase he is love.

We may say "I love you" many times in a day, but we do not always say it the way God intended for love to be shared- as a sacrificial gift.
Teach me O God, to give of myself today. To express love the way you created it to be expressed. Show me how to love this man the way you loved me. Thank you for loving me more than I can begin to understand.

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting and waiting for pictures! Next you'll be seeing me in those pictures at your housey-poo. :)

    ReplyDelete