Friday, December 17, 2010

How you live

On a very snowy drive home last night this song came on the radio...

Now the song has everything that a cliche don't- take- life- for- granted kind of song should, and I've heard it probably 100 times but sometimes God takes the common and already understood and speaks t you in a new way. (don't you just love that about Him?)

Anyway, I started to think about all of the times that I just think too much. I choose the cheaper option, and hold myself back from things for what? To save a few pennies here and there, well maybe, but what about living just for the sake of living. Setting the table with our nicest china on a Tuesday just because, or dressing up in a cute outfit even if you are just going to the grocery store that day.

Imagine how much more we may enjoy the life God gave us if we really lived it? If we really just let loose and enjoyed the blessings He's given us. I think it would even make us more greatful for the little things if those little things were noticed and used a little more than usual. When a person lives this way it's contagious and spreads so fast and furious you can't help but smile.

Dear friends, be that kind of person this weekend. The kind who makes a special meal just because, brings someone flowers, or sends a note just because. Let's live a little and thank God for that!

My little indulgence today was a delicious cup of coffee from Starbucks instead of my usual coffee at home. What a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment