Friday, December 31, 2010

Scripture Memory Team!

Hello dear ones,
Tonight I'm writing to you from a tiny hotel room at Scott Air Force Base in IL. We are half way to Wichita Falls, Texas and a short 5 hours away from Fayetteville, AR where we'll be spending the New Year.

I have so much to write about our travel experience and have just been itching to tell you what God's been up to in my life but for now I need to clue you in on this exciting project!

Beth Moore has listed all of the "official" rules for the Siesta Scripture Memory Team on her blog but I thought I would give you an abridged version here and add a few things that we can do to bring the community of scripture memory team members together.

1. On the 1st and 15th of every month check in on the blog and I will be posting the memory verse I have chosen and a reminder to choose your verse. This means that this time next year you will have memorized 24 verses! Sound scary? Beth encourages us by saying "Look at it this way, if you're going to be meditating on something: unforgiveness, toxic memories, misery, lust, greed, dissatisfaction, jealousy, competition. Choose Scripture! Christ Himself said as a man thinks, so he is. He also sad His words are spirit and life. This is work worth doing, Sweet Thing. never - NOT ONCE - have I ever known anyone to get to the end of a Scripture memory commitment and say that it didn't make any real difference. Not a single time."

2. Post the verse that you have chosen as a comment below my posting. This will be such a cool way to share with others what you are studying and learning about. If you cannot post as a comment because you do not have an account or some other technical reason, send me an e-mail with your verse and I will post them. If you do not wish to share your verse with the community, send it to me anyway and I will keep it confidential. When you comment post your name, the verse, and translation. Here's an example.

Noelle Ulman, "For God so loved the world that He gave is only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 NIV

3. When you post your verse be sure to keep it relevant to your own  place in life. It will be much easier to memorize scripture that appeals to your heart and helps you through your personal battle. 

4. Don't forget to record your scripture in your spiral or on a notecard. Carry this notecard with you and read it, read it, read it, read it, and read it! This is what makes this challenge so cool. As you go throughout the year you are choosing verses that are meaningful to that moment in your life. As life goes on and God continues to move you can flip back and see how His word really is true. 

To start off this exciting challenge I want you to get creative! The fun part is learning new verses and sharing with a community, so let's share. Send me a picture of your notecards or spirals.(ulman.chrisnoelle@gmail.com) Let me see the simple to the sparkly! Have you decorated your cards are you ready for the challenge? Send them to me and let the Scripture Memory Challenge Begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment