Wednesday, December 8, 2010

No Doubt: Discouragement


How many times in your life have you taken steps forward only to be knocked down by the world? 

You build yourself to a big decision, or a leap of faith, or even trying something new that takes courage. Getting to the point where you begin to feel confident in your decision. We struggle to trust God and to hear His voice and begin to walk where He sends us. 

But so many times the world has other things in mind. Satan sends his messengers to flood our minds with doubt, discouragement, and destruction. All of the time we spend seeking guidance and trusting in His faithfulness can go out the window so quickly. When one person says something that causes us to doubt, or doesn't support our decision it is so easy to believe the lies of the world instead of trusting in the truth of the Word.

I honestly, don't have any positive answers for this today. I struggle so often with pleasing the people instead of pleasing my God or even myself. I let the smallest comments of opposition tell me that I'm not good enough and I really don't know how to change that. But I do know that there is truth, so here is what I am reminding myself of today.

1. God loves me and I am His. "I am my beloved's and his desire is for me." Song of Solomon 7:10

2. God has a plan for my life and will not leave me to tackle life on my own, even when others don't stand by me. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

3. I will delight in knowing that God knows my deepest feelings. He knows I will stumble and fall but He will lift me up and love me even more. "When I thought, "My foot slips," your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. When  the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul." Psalm 94: 18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment