Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Word Up!

I am thrilled to share with you all a very exciting thing that happened today. I finally tackled the guest room which has been filled with unpacked boxes for weeks now and came across a spiral of index cards. I remember buying these cards at the university bookstore feeling just as lonely and desperate as I did today. I took the spanking new deck of cards to the library and cracked open my bible and started writing down as many comforting verses as I could. I carried this spiral with me everywhere and when I was having a bad day (or even a great day for that matter) I pulled out the book to remind of God's truth and power in my life.

Rediscovering the spiral brought back a refreshing feeling that reminded me all that God had brought me through. The truths in His book are so powerful. Feeling pretty rotten today, I added a few more verses to the book and have decided to start memorizing scripture each month. When the ground seems to be fall right out from under me, I know that I stand on solid rock in Christ.

Looks like I'm not the only one who has found comfort in the Word. Check out what Beth Moore is doing to help others feel the power of the scripture.

In short, starting 01 January Beth is challenging us to memorize 2 verses a month (that's 24 verses this year). Her creative team has designed adorable spiral note cards (just like the one I found) to inspire you to memorize. She also says, you can always go to your local CVS, Target, or Walmart and buy your own note card spiral. 

Jump on board with me, Beth, and the rest of the Siesta Scripture Memory Team! Send me an e-mail if you want to embark on this challenge and we will support each other every step of the way. Plus, you could be eligible to win a FREE Siesta Scripture Memory Team Spiral!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment