Saturday, January 1, 2011

Scripture Memory Team: 01

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Verse 01:

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light." 1 Peter 2: 9 NIV

This verse is simple and may not seem all that meaningful at first but the more I started thinking and praying about where God has brought me in this phase of my life I realize I need to remember one thing, I am His child! The great anticipation and excitement I have for life in Texas comes from the LORD. The darkness and despair that I am merging out of is only from Him. 

I cannot begin to tell you the relief and healing that happened simply driving away. Not away from bad things or a bad place but just driving to a destination unknown. I have a brand new sense of adventure and excitement now that I did not have when we moved to Dover. God really has been moving in my heart. Now I cannot say that I am confident or at all sure of where we are going and what life will be like there. In fact, many times when I think about it I get a huge knot in my stomach. But the difference is I can look back and where I came from and see that Yes, God was guiding me just like He did with the people of Israel. 

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN....choose your verses, write them on your notecards, and post them below, (or send me an e-mail with your verse). I'm so excited to see where this goes and am praying for you all as you begin take on this challenge with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment