Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mom

This is my mother. A woman of beauty and class. Her life reflects that of strength, perseverance and determination in a way that I cannot even begin to describe in words. She exudes God's grace within her and lives a life to the fullest!

I've always had a hard time really understanding what that means, "live life to the fullest" but when I look at my mom, I get it. She knows what it means to let go and let God. She embraces the sweet things in life and has taught me how to cherish those moments without questioning the intent. She has created a house of joy where the rooms are rich with treasures (VERSE 02 "By wisdom a house is built and through understanding it is established. Through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." from memory :) To experience the thrill of saying "I'll have one of everything" when we went out to celebrate my 21st birthday.

She would call to encourage me to get up from my thesis writing and take myself to Bonefish (my favorite way too expensive restaurant in Fredericksburg) while I finished preparing for my presentation.
Came all the way to Indiana just to celebrate with C for his graduation. Drank a beer with us and told us stories of her life in college, all the while listening intently and passionately as we would ramble on and on about our own college life. Her ability to listen and really hear your heart is something so special to me and saved me from many teary-nights.
She can appreciate a good cup of coffee and a manicure (but really, who wouldn't?!)
But most importantly, she is my mom. A woman who I can only dream of becoming. A wife who loves her husband with unconditional love and supports this home while he is away with grace. She is a mother who taught us all how to love each everyone as family and to love God even more. 

 
She is brave and taking a big leap today to travel some 14-odd hours away to Dubai to show her love and support for her husband. She is doing something that may feel strange and uncomfortable to show her man she values his work and wants to be a part of it. This is what real love is all about and I love her for that. I am praying deeply and earnestly for safe travels, for her to take a deep breath of adventure, and for both my mom and dad to deepen their love even more through this beautiful experience.
 Psalm 5:1
"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment