Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scriture Memory Team: 02

Cannot believe it has already been 2 weeks, this challenge is really getting more fun week by week, especially to see so many people joining in. I'm especially excited to see how God uses the new verse in my life these next two weeks.  Also I am excited to say that Beth Moore and her team have outdone themselves once again, the Siestsa Scripture Memory Team now has an APP FOR YOUR iPHONE!

Search "Beth Moore" under the itunes app store and click get the FREE app. While I love to touch and feel the note cards spiral, this is a great way to sneak a peek at your verse at the gym, or in line at the grocery store if you don't have your spiral with you. Click here for Beth's video about the app. Now for the new verse....

Verse 02
"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches." Proverbs 24: 3-4 ESV

Remember to post your memory verses as comments below so we can share together in the challenge. It's great fun!



These verses are the basis for a bible study I joined here this week. It was exactly what I imagined a large church in the bible belt would be like. I walked in to find a Beth Moore look-a-like named Karen and a beautifully vivacious brunette named Margi standing at the front welcoming us in with the deepest southern accents I've ever heard. The room was packed, I couldn't believe it when all the women (and infants included) kept filling the room with "y'alls" and "hey girls". I sat down quietly and thanked God for this gift, the gift of girlfriends.

The purpose of this study is to learn about our men and how to build a home of wisdom and understanding not instead of false expectations. I love imagining the home that is described in these verses, I imagine the riches to be joy, laughter, wholesome conversations, love, and peace. What a beautiful picture that I want to establish in our home (wherever that may be). As if C and I have not had enough quality time in this little hotel room, we are going away this weekend to Dallas. For christmas he gave me tickets to see Riverdance and a night at a beautiful hotel in the city. I have been looking forward to this for so long and I can't wait to spend time with him away from the Air Force norm. My prayer is that the weekend will revive and energize our relationship and open our eyes to yet another beautiful city God created. I am learning to celebrate the Creator and his creations. I'll be sure to share some pictures next week and I can't wait to tell you about my grad school classes! Here are the two outfits I'm choosing from. 


Think I'm going with the green one. My sister says that it look "So Dallas!"


P.S. If you are not already please pray for Joanne Heim, a young author, mother, wife, and blogger who recently had a stroke and has not woken up yet. I do not know much more than that but her faithful husband has been updating her blog. Let's pray Psalm 91:11 for Joanne and the family.
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment