Saturday, January 29, 2011

Verse 01 Reference

Ok gotta share this really cool thing with you all! Today as I'm reading a book that was recommended from one of my education class I found my first scripture memory verse in the text! The book brings a Christian perspective the teaching and it's so cool that I found a seemingly meaningless verse in the text. So glad I'm doing the scripture memory challenge! Check it out...

"As teachers, we work at this calling with all our heart, as working for the Lord, not just for our school board or even for our students (Colossians 3:23). We are "a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation" that declares God's praise (1 Peter 2:9). We exercise godly authority worthy of our calling only to the extent, however, that we possess and continue to deepen our pedagogical insight. Such insight grows as a result of our studying Scripture, reading about and discussing educational issues, and especially teaching in perceptive and reflective ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment