Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 6 cloves garlic, left in their skins
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small to medium firm zucchini, diced into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 small eggplant (3/4 pound), partially peeled and diced
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- 1 pound rigatoni with lines
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400
Step 2: Spread out tomatoes on a baking sheet with EVOO, thyme, S & P.
Step 3: Fill another cookie sheet with chopped veggies; zucchini, eggplant, peppers, and onions.Top with EVOO and S&P.
Roast tomatoes 25-30 minutes until they begin to burst. After its cooked, separate the garlic from tomatoes and remove the garlic skin. Roast vegetables until brown at edges and tender.
Step 4: While the veggies are cooking for 15minutes, bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta al dente. *Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid from the pasta water*
Step 5: Take the roasted tomatoes and place them in a serving bowl and mash them up with the garlic. Add the cup of pasta water and toss it all together with the pasta and veggies. Top it all off with a drizzle of EVOO, fresh parsley, and cheese!
More on this recipe click here.