Friday, October 28, 2011

DAY 28: Cheesy Poblano Chicken

This is a really great make a-head meal. While trying to make the most of my day today, I spent the beginnig of the day preparing dinner for tonight and a treat to take to a Halloween party tonight. Then this evening when it's time for dinner, all I have to do is pop it all in the oven!

This Poblano Chicken reminds me so much of the flavors of our honeymoon in Mexico. Pour me a tall margarita and I'm set!
INGREDIENTS
2-3 Poblano peppers, seeded and chopped (i used 2 but would be better with 3)
1 cup chicken or veggie stock
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
handful of cilantro
3 tbs butter
3 tbs flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream or Mexican crema
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups Manchego cheese (I forgot this at the store so we used cheddar)

Step 1: In a blender or food processor combine the peppers, chicken stock, onion, garlic, cilantro and S&P. 
Step 2: In a saucepan whisk together the butter, flour milk, cream and S&P to form a roue. Then turn up the heat a bit and add the poblano mixture. Simmer for about 20min.
*This is where you could stop and freeze or store the sauce until later*
Step 3: Season the chicken with S&P and heat on both sides for about 3-4min in EVOO until brown.
Step 4: Place the chicken in a casserole dish and cover it with the poblano sauce. Cover the top with cheese and bake at 375 for 15-20min.

I also made these guys for the Halloween party!


No comments:

Post a Comment