Sunday, October 9, 2011

DAY 9: Spicy Hot Chocolate

I am such a sucker for spicy/sweet or salty/sweet combo. Chocolate covered pretzels, caramel popcorn, and this spicy hot chocolate are a few of my favorites! We are having my Hungarian grandparents over for lunch today, and spicy paprika is a staple for them so I thought this yummy drink would warm their tummies while we sat outside for lunch. Check out the beautiful table my dad set!

Step 1: Heat 4 cups of milk in a saucepan over low heat. Then add 2 red chilies (or 2 tbs of chili powder) and let steep for 10 minutes.
 Step 2:  If you used real chillies, strain the milk. Then add 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Stir until melted
 Top with whipped cream and a little chili powder!
Oh, hey guys! How's your cooking coming along?

1 comment: