Saturday, October 29, 2011

DAY 29: Pumpkin Pudding

I cannot believe that there are only a few days left of this 31 day challenge. I have had such a blast and really learned a lot of new recipes and feel much more confident in the kitchen these days.

Cooking for me has become a really wonderful way of bringing people together. I feel so good to invite new friends over and know that will leave with full bellies and smiling faces. It has also become a really wonderful connecting point for my mom and I. I love getting texts sharing "what's for dinner" and being so eager to swap stories.

Our neighborhood is doing trick-or-treating tonight instead of monday, so in the spirit of the season we are making Pumpkin Pudding.
 INGREDIENTS
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
15oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground clove
1 tsp ground ginger
5.1oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups heavy cream
12 oz box Ginger Snaps

Step 1:Mix the milk, pumpkin, spices, and pudding mix in a bowl. Add about 1/4 cup of water and beat with a mixer until smooth.
Step
Step 2: Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the pumpkin mixture until well combined.
Step
Step 3: Layer the ginger snaps and the pudding mix in a serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridget for 2-8 hours until the cookies are soft.
Step
Top with whipped cream and cinnamon to serve.
P.S. These pictures aren't mine, wanted to share the recipe as soon as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment